Thursday, February 5, 2009

Progress

I finally left Ben alone for an hour in his Thursday morning class today at CBS (Community Bible Study). There was another day when I left twice for a few minutes each. I thought it might be time for him to see that I come back. He cried when I left, but quickly stopped, one of his teachers said. I was able to sit in on my study for a little while, though I sat wondering if he was being difficult because he was angry. The teachers said he did very well...yay! The children's program there is wonderful...play time, craft time, story time, sharing time, gym time, snack time, and music time...Ben loves it!

Mr. Ben also now likes watching cartoons, which sometimes gives me a break to actually read something. Although, I must be sitting near him with my arm around him in order for him to watch. He'll also watch if my hubbie and I are working out in the same room. He's obsessed with Mickey Mouse right now. I try to limit TV for Ben to 1.5 hours a day...I want him to use his brain, imagination, and motor skills.

He's also starting to care about stuffed animals, which is good, because he already has an abundance of them. It's so cute watching him carry Pluto around, talking to him and tucking him into his toddler bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Ben is taking everything in and enjoying life. I wish we were closer so our boys could play.
Heather

Sue said...

Great progress Ben! It can be quite challenging to have a constant "shadow" but it sounds like he is starting to feel learn that you will always come back. Wonderful!

So sorry I didn't get a chance to talk on Saturday at the party! I was sitting behind you at the lion dance and then never got to see you later on. Hope we will catch up at a future event!