Monday, July 21, 2008

Ben's Shower

Bob's parents put together a nice picture of ben with his name in the frame and bought these pretty flowers. How sweet!
Party favors included a candle and a Chinese take-out box with Chinese candy and cookies inside:

Beautiful quilt that my talented mom and dad made for Ben. So special!

Uncle Bill, cousin Bill, Wendell, Aunt Taffy, and Aunt Priscilla:

Edgar and Maria Leguizamon (Monica's parents), Aunt Donna, Uncle Terry, Bob's dad Chuck, and Bob's mom Janet:

My mom, friend Sheila, my dad, Bob's brother Dan, and Bob:
Two of my best friends are out of the country, Italy and China, but I know they wanted to be there for Ben and were with us in spirit! Friends Maryfrances, Andrea, Jeanne, Becky, Rachel, and Susan:
Friend Sheila:
Gift time:

I don't have pictures of everyone's gift here...some pics didn't turn out too well and there were so many gifts. However, every guest was so generous and kind and we loved all the gifts! Thank you to everyone for a lovely shower! My dad and mom helped organize gift time:

Dan thinks about stealing the planes Cousin Billy gave to Ben:

Awww...a teddy bear from Sheila:

Ha ha...Sponge Bob Squarepants!

Becky gave me a T-shirt that says "mom" in Chinese...How sweet!:

How nice of Michael and Monica to send gifts even though they couldn't come. They live in Seattle. Zanzibar bedding:

Bob can't wait to start playing with the construction set:

Bob is excited about getting another toy for himself...a dump truck:
Andrea's baby Gianna finds a bow to be tasty:

Creative Susan wrapped each one of our gifts in a different color of tissue paper:

Susan hand-knit this sweater for Ben! How sweet. And it looks so professional!

My grandma Dot wasn't up to the drive from Indiana, but she sweetly sent along this wonderful Play-Do Creativity Center:

2 comments:

Vive...rie...ama said...

I wish I could have stayed longer! I love looking at the gifts! I have a question- can you email me your home address?:) Thank you!

Sue said...

Wow.... looks like you are loaded up on cool toys and clothes! The quilt is gorgeous and the hand knit sweater is just really sporty! Hope you'll be wearing that shirt in China soon!