Friday, June 6, 2008

We're registered for the shower...Ben's info. may be wrong...Dr. Seuss and other books in Chinese!

Thank you to all moms who gave me advice via e-mail, blog posts, phone, etc., on what to buy. I really appreciate it! We have finished registering at Toysrus/Babiesrus/Kidsrus. The same registry can be obtained at all three stores. The registry can be viewed online for convenience by going to http://www.toysrus.com/ and clicking on the "baby registry" tab. As a reminder, our last name is not spelled with a "t" at the end. The chain doesn't get in Fall clothes until the beginning of July so we can't add those until then. If Kohl's gets in Fall clothes by the beginning of July, we may register there, as well. I just looked at the http://www.chinasprout.com/ website again and I would love gift certificates for that, as well! They've got tons of bilingual books--almost all the Dr. Seuss books in Chinese and English--and books to help children come to terms with adoption. I love this site!

I've joined a couple of online adoption groups and I've unfortunately heard that the stats orphanages put in reports for the children could very well be incorrect...There is another couple whom we might be traveling with who are also adopting a 3-year-old boy, from the same orphanage, who has the same exact measurements, personality traits, and "favorite toys." This is either coincidence or whoever was filling out the forms just puts down average size measurements, etc...one mother found that her baby girl was much smaller than reported. I guess we will see when we get there!

I just read what I typed on the Toysrus/Babiesrus registry list and realized that I'm pretty darn picky:
Registrant's Message: WE'D LOVE GIFT CERTIFICATES TO WWW.CHINASPROUT.COM & FALL/WINTER CLOTHES IN 3T & 4T. IF SUMMER CLOTHES, BUY 4T. DON'T LIKE THEMED STUFF (SPIDERMAN & HULK) OR SPORTS STUFF. CLASSICS LIKE WINNIE, COOKIE MONSTER OK. PREFER PANTS W/ ADJUSTABLE WAIST. PREFER P.J.S WITH LOOSE BOTTOM PANTS OVER LONG UNDERWEAR STYLE. PREFER PLAIN WHITE UNDIES. WE ALSO NEED TODDLER BED SHEETS, PLAIN WHITE OR LIGHT GREEN. THANKS!

No comments: