Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day 2008

This was the 13th V-Day together for Bob and me (9th as a married couple)! I made a cheese and chocolate fondue dinner for Bob. The white pot pictured and a yellow pot we used for the chocolate were a really good deal at a thrift store. I go thrifting with my friend Rachel for fun--it was quite a find since fondue sets are really expensive. Now I have those, which are high quality painted metal with wood handles and the metal set that bob bought me eons ago. Maybe some day, I'll do a 3-course dinner.
V-Day placemats and sparkly heart confetti:

Bob satisfied my heart's longing to have a lemon tree. I wanted this much more than roses! It reminds me of Italia, which we will be visiting very soon! I will set the pot outside when it gets warm and keep it indoors in the winter:

When it first arrived. Little buds:

Now there are white flowers. They smell very strong--a scent that's a cross between lilacs and gardenias. Lovely:

1 comment:

Vive...rie...ama said...

Hi Sally!
I am Stacie' friend:), Becky.
I love your blog- reading your itnerests and links- it is funny..we are very similar. I think we should meet sometime!!!!:)
I was looking all over for your "adoption saga" but I couldn't find it- which month is it in? I hope that everything is goin gwell for you, and that one day I can meet you in person:).